Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Steak anyone?

















I free-handed this steak cutout. Its a double layer red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. I sketched a steak on top of teh cake with a toothpick and stood over the cake with a butcher knife facing straight down so i could cut around my sketch evenly. then using the cake board that i traced the cake with i was able to make up teh center inlay of the steak.
I bought him a new cutting board (because he hates mine) and got him a never before used vintage cutco butcher knive. I think it made for an awesome presentation!
I included a pic next to Shans cake, seeing as I made them both at once. We had a bbq for the both of them, since their bdays are on teh same day. and man o man, two cakes at once is crazy! o_O



No comments:

Post a Comment